Auditions for the Drumline are required and will be taking place on August 6th, 2017 in RAC 325 starting at 2pm EST.
All prospective members (and those who were previously on drumline, but not the prior year) are required to audition in August before school begins. If there are any remaining openings, a final audition will be held on August 20th, 2017. This is also the alumni audition day. Members can audition on Snare, Tenors, Bass Drum, or Cymbals. You should audition on your first choice of instrument. If you don’t make it, you may have the opportunity to audition on another instrument (at the discretion of the Director).
All currently members of the Drumline for the 2016-2017 school have the option to audition on April 12th, 2017.
We are currently recruiting for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are interested in auditioning please email email@example.com with your first name, last name, preferred email address and instrument and we will grant you access to the STAMP.
- Snare (5) – Please be prepared to audition with traditional grip. If you have never played traditional, consider auditioning for bass, tenors, or cymbals.
- Tenors (3) – Our tenors are quints (5 drums). If any audition music calls for 6 drums, play the highest two drums on the 6″ spock drum.
- Bass Drum (1-2, 4-7) – For the audition, play the part for the bass drum you wish to play for the year. If you pass the audition, you will be assigned that drum. If the scenario arises where two people audition for the same drum, the higher score will receive the part and the lower score will play the next drum down. If you are interested in auditioning on Bass Drums 5, 6 or 7 and the part does not call for that drum, you will be required to play along with the unison parts.
- Cymbals (2) – For the audition, play all parts if the music calls for split cymbal parts. If the music calls for visuals during rests you are not required to do a visual there. Visuals will be taught while learning drill.
- Band Songs
- UMBC Riser*
- National Anthem*
- Red Raider+
- True Blue+
- BD1-2013 / Eights+
- BD2-2013 / Accent Tap+
- BD5-2013 / Triplet-Diddle+
- Sight Reading
+Memorization Preferred, but not Required for the Audition
(#) Number of open spots remaining, Bass Drums show which bass drums are still open.
Download the Audition Music
Audition music is available via STAMP. If you are a new member and do not have a STAMP account, please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your first name, last name, preferred email address, and instrument. You will receive an e-mail when your account has been created.